The Y is for YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, HEALTHY LIVING AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY.
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT: Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
We believe that all kids deserve the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve. That’s why, through the Y, thousands of youth in Abilene and the surrounding areas today are cultivating the values, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health and educational achievement.
HEALTHY LIVING: Improving the Big Country’s health and well-being.
In communities across the national, the Y is a leading voice on health and well-being. With a mission centered on balance, the YMCA of Abilene brings families loser together, encourages good health and fosters connections through fitness, sports, fun and shared interests. As a result, thousands of youth, adults and families are receiving the support, guidance and resources needed to achieve greater health and well-being for their spirit, mind and body.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
The YMCA of Abilene fosters the care and respect a; people need and deserve. Through the Y, volunteers, donors, leaders, partners, and staff across the Big Country empower thousands of people to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Our Cause Defines Us
We know that lasting personal and social change comes about when we all work together. That’s why, at the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Our Strength is in Community
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods across the nation, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver, positive change.
- The Y is community centered. For nearly 160 years, we’ve been listening and responding to our communities.
- The Y brings people together. We connect people of all ages and backgrounds to bridge the gaps in community needs.
- The Y nurtures potential. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
- The Y has local presence and global reach. We mobilize local communities to effect lasting, meaningful change.
- Our Impact is Felt Every Day when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good.