Things to know!
Our YMCA has policies in place for the benefit, safety and welfare of our members, guests and our organization. All policies are approved by the YMCA Board of Directors.
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
YMCA facilities are provided for the use of YMCA members. Guests must purchase a pass to use the facilities.
- All guests 18 and over must present a valid photo ID and sign an Entrance Waiver. Get a step ahead and click here to fill out the waiver before you come in.
- Anyone who is under 18 years of age MUST have parent or guardian signature in order to participate in YMCA activites.
Guest passes are available for $10 per visit.
- Youth 13 and under must be accompanied at all times by an adult (18+).
- Children under the age of 13 must be supervised while in the basketball court, racquetball courts, pool and walking the track.
- Youth 8 and under must be supervised by an adult while in the pool area.
- Anyone under the age of 13 can not use the weight equipment. Once the child turns 13, they must complete a fitness orientation in order to use the weights. Contact Ruby Hoffmann for more details
- Anyone under the age of 13 can not be on the treadmill/cardio equipment unless they have completed a fitness orientation
- You must be at least 16 years of age to use the free weight gym without supervision.
Basketball Court Policies:
- No drinks on the court besides water.
- No profanity or foul language.
- Must be 13 years old or order to be in the basketball court without parent supervision.
- Must wear shirts at all time.
- The YMCA of Abilene have basketballs for members to use located at the front desk. If you would like to borrow our basketball, we do an exchange (either keys, phone, wallet, etc.).
- No loud music with profanity in the lyrics
- Anyone under the age of 12 must be supervied by an adult 18 years or older.
- Anyone 12 years or younger must past the swim test in order to swim without a life jacket. Pass the test, get rid of the vest!
- No food in the pool area.
- Must wear appropriate family swimwear.
- Nothing see through
- No revealing swimwear
- Water is acceptable to bring in the pool area