Things to know!
Our YMCA has policies in place for the benefit, safety and welfare of our members, guests and our organization. All policies are approved by the YMCA Board of Directors.
YMCA facilities are provided for the use of YMCA members. Guests must purchase a pass to use the facilities.
- All guests 18 and over must present a valid photo ID and sign an Entrance Waiver.
- Anyone who is under 18 years of age MUST have parent or guardian signature in order to participate in YMCA activites.
Guest passes are available for $10 per visit.
- Youth, 13 and under must be accompanied by an adult (18+) to be in the facility alone.
- Children under the age of 8 must be supervised while in the basketball and racquetball courts, and pool.
- Children must be 13 and older to use the indoor track.
- Youth, 8 and under must be supervised by an adult while in the pool area.
- In order to use the weight equipment, ages 13 and over must complete a fitness orientation. Anyone under the age of 10 can not be on the treadmill/cardio equipment unless they have completed a fitness orientation. Contact Ruby Hoffmann for more details.
- You must be at least 16 years of age to use the free weight gym without supervision.
- Family locker rooms are available for kids under 13 to use bust must be accompanied by an adult.
- 14 years and older, may use the male and female locker rooms, steam room, and sauna, however they must follow proper etiquette.
Basketball Court Policies
- No drinks on the court besides water.
- No profanity or foul language.
- Must be 8 years old or older to be in the basketball court without parent supervision.
- Must wear shirts at all time.
- The YMCA of Abilene have basketballs for members to use located at the front desk. If you would like to borrow our basketball, we do an exchange (either keys, phone, wallet, etc.).
- Anyone under the age of 12 must be supervised by an adult 18 years or older.
- Anyone 12 years or younger must pass the swim test in order to swim without a life jacket. Pass the test, get rid of the vest!
- No food in the pool area.
- Drinking water is acceptable to bring in the pool area
- Must wear appropriate family swimwear.
- Nothing see through
- No revealing swimwear
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.